Primera Laser & Med Spa are proud to introduce a new laser treatment to the Atlanta area. The i-Lipo™ system incorporates low level laser technology (LLLT) to deliver targeted fat reduction and non-invasive body shaping results in as little as 20 minutes, without pain or dieting. i-Lipo stimulates fat cells to naturally break down their stored triglycerides, shrinking the fat cells to deliver immediate body contouring results.
The human body stores excess calories from your diet in adipose tissue. When needed, those fat cells will break down their stored triglycerides into free fatty acids, glycerol and water, providing the body with energy during times of scarcity. That same metabolic process that is induced hormonally by the brain can also be triggered by low level laser energy delivered by i-Lipo.
How does i-Lipo Body Countouring & Fat Reduction work?
i-Lipo is a revolutionary, non-invasive body shaping and cellulite reduction technology offering convenient, safe and pain free body contouring in as little as 20 minutes, without surgery and without downtime. This non-destructive approach to fat reduction can be used year-round on all skin types. i-Lipo treatments are passive and non-technique dependent, which means a constant manipulation of the device is not required. After the i-Lipo treatment pads are properly positioned, the technician is free to attend other office matters.
Clinical studies have confirmed the efficacy of the LLLT and the i-Lipo diode laser to deliver body shaping results. Two treatments per week for four weeks are recommended. All parts of the body can be treated where fat is stored, including the waistline, thighs, arms, leg and even under the chin. Patients typically report a 10% inch loss reduction following a treatment regimen.
i-Lipo is the first direct skin contact laser device designed for fat reduction and body contouring to receive FDA approval for circumferential reduction. Based on results from a recent double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized study of 34 volunteers, the FDA found that over 70% of participants experienced significant inch loss, thus validating the use of i-Lipo to target specifically chosen anatomical areas for fat reduction. The results represented more than double the percentage difference for meeting significant results as defined by the FDA.
Frequently Asked Questions about i-Lipo Body Countouring & Fat Reduction
How many i-lipo body contouring treatments will I need?
For best results, a course of 8 treatments are recommended per body area. These treatments should be scheduled twice a week at regular intervals.
Which areas of the body can be treated with i-lipo?
I-lipo can be performed on calves, knees, thighs, buttocks, stomach, arms and chin. I-lipo is a multi-pad system that makes each i-lipo body contouring treatment fast and efficient. Typical treatment times are 20-30 minutes.
What inch loss can I achieve from the i-lipo treatment?
This will vary from person to person depending on your size, but the results from the i-lipo body contouring treatment will be greatly improved by your commitment to the treatment. A healthy diet will allow the released fat to be used up as energy. Many clients see a reduction of 1-3 inches at each i-lipotreatment session.
Are the i-lipo treatments uncomfortable?
The i-lipo is a low level laser also sometimes known as a cold laser because most people feel very little when it is used on them. i-lipo is a comfortable relaxing treatment where the typical sensation felt is a just a slight warmth where the pads are in contact with your skin.
Is i-lipo suitable for men and women?
Yes, i-lipo is equally effective on both men and women
Is i-lipo safe for everyone?
As with most treatments, there are a few medical conditions that would prevent us from performing the treatment. Your i-lipo therapist will go through a comprehensive health and medical questionnaire before your first treatment, ensuring you’re a suitable candidate for the treatment.
How long will the results last?
Assuming that weight, diet, and exercise are maintained, booster treatments may not be needed. One treatment performed periodically is a good incentive to keep you in control.
What is the difference between i-lipo & Ultra?
The function of i-lipo is to the reduce inches and enhance weight loss. It utilizes a cold laser to release fat from the fat cells. The function of Ultra is to smooth the appearance of cellulite. Ultra can also enhance the results of i-lipo. Ultra utilizes a vacuum which is combined with a cold laser.
What is the recovery time from i-lipo?
There is no recovery time from i-lipo treatments, alleviating the need for downtime.
i-lipo Patient Instructions Pre and Post i-lipo Procedure
It is essential that you follow these instructions for optimal results from i-lipo treatments!
One week prior to treatment
- Liberal water intake: More than 32 ounces/day
- Take all medications, even diuretics
- Watch appetite. Do not binge eat!
- Use Fat Burning Defying Gel twice daily on the area to be treated (May be purchased in Spa for $79.00 for 6oz)
- Do not drink alcohol the night before i Lipo.
Morning of treatment: prior to i-lipo treatment
- Drink 24 oz of water before the procedure
- Do not take diuretics until day after treatment (eg. Lasix, maxide, hydrochlorothyazide)
- Take normal medications
- Remove jewelry in the area of treatment, ex belly button rings, earrings
- Wear clothing that will easily expose the area of treatment
During i-lipo treatment
- Empty bladder immediately before i Lipo
- Turn off phone and relax
- Remember, i-lipo does not hurt!
Immediately after i-lipo treatment
- Apply Fat Burning Defying Gel (May be purchased in Spa for $79.00 for 6oz) over area treated, and massage toward the lymph node where the stimulator was.
- Within 2-3 Hours after Treatment: You must participate in aerobic exercise—walk on a treadmill, cycle, run, or participate in any aerobic exercise for 30-60 minutes. The longer the exercise the more likely it is that the fat that was mobilized will leave the body permanently!
- Drink another 36 ounces of water after iLipo.
- Do not drink alcohol! Do not binge eat!
Day after i-lipo treatment
- Continue liberal water intake
- Resume all medications, even diuretics
- Control appetites as it may be increased from rapid fat loss…do not increase normal calories!
- Use Fat Burning Defining Gel (May be purchased in Spa for $79.00 for 6oz) twice daily over the area of treatment, and massage in.